As Design Manager at Reach Records you will be responsible for managing the design process for album packaging, merchandising (116 and artist), advertising and marketing collateral. You guide the development of visual campaigns for physical packaging, digital packages, merchandise, marketing collateral graphics, as well as publicity photo shoots. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Facilitate creative design meetings with artists to choose quality design direction and designers for-hire
- Maintain and develop a wide network of for-hire graphic designers, photographers, etc.
- Commission album creative and packaging design, and communicate with freelance designers
- Facilitate design production timelines and logistics through to completion
- Manage album packaging design (disc packaging design, disc artwork, liner notes, typography layout, logo placements, manufacturing labeling)
- Commission and direct photo shoots for packaging, artists press and publicity
- Marketing and Advertising campaigns, print and digital.
- Commission mock-ups for merchandise and prepare tech packs for manufacturing
- Commission design for Industry material (One sheets)
- Facilitate digital design requests, or delegate to for-hire designers where necessary
- Maintain and organize graphic design equipment and assets
- Maintain and organize graphic design budget
- Deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use design programs to communicate ideas
- Strong project management skills
- Extensive design network (graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, etc.)
- Far-sighted strategic vision
- Knowledge of and experience with adobe creative suite programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, etc)
- Strong eye for aesthetics
- Good understanding of the creative and design process
- Ability to maintain and creative timelines, and work with creative teams to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple design projects at once
- Ability to identify and communicate design trends
- Ability to process business objectives and deliver design solutions to meet goals
- Ability to function as a part of a team and maintain individual contribution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify, and articulate project inefficiencies and suggest solutions
- Conflict management
- Personal leadership
- Passion to work in a creative environment
Click Here to Apply.