Search by Typing
Press Enter To Begin Search


For all licensing opportunities (TV, Film, Albums, Sample Clearance, etc), please fill out this licensing form.

Frequently Asked Questions

Whose permission do I need to license Reach Records music for my project?

You need approval from the applicable publisher(s) of the composition and the approval from the correct master recording owners to be able to use.

What if I am a part of a church and would like to use the song in our church services?

Contact CCLI to add Reach Records songs to your church’s service for streaming.

I am looking to use Reach Records music on my youtube channel and I have under 50k followers

Follow this link to LICKD to license our songs for Youtube (Please note that not all songs are available yet through the LICKD site). If you are looking to license “Lofi Sunday” you can follow this link to license via MusicBed.

I am looking to use Reach Records music for my school’s dance or other choreographed sports.

Follow this link to ClicknClear to license. (Please note that not all songs are available yet through ClicknClear)

What if I want to create a remix or use the instrumental of one of our songs?

Currently we do not allow official remixes/releases of our songs in any way outside of our catalog.

What if I want to license song lyrics for my book or other print materials?

For print rights, contact Hal Leonard.

What is the difference between a composition and a master recording?

A composition refers to the melody/musical notes and lyrics of a song, while a master recording is the actual recording of that composition.

What do I do once I've cleared a master recording with Reach Records?

You must then reach out to the writers & publishers involved on the song to approve the license with them.

How much does it cost to license a song?

Fees vary based on the song, media, term, and rights requested.

How long does it take to clear a song?

Turn around time could be a day but may take up to 1-2 weeks depending on song.

How can I expedite the clearance process?

Be descriptive about your project’s usage of the song in your request to avoid back-and-forth communication.

Licensing Terms

Synch License: This license allows you to use a composition/song and/or master/sound recording with visual media projects like films, ads, and television programs.

Composition: A composition is an original piece of music with lyrics and melody. The composition requires licensing for every synchronization use. An example of a composition would be the musical notes and lyrics to the song “I Ain’t Done” by Andy Mineo which was written & composed by Andrew Mineo, Tyshane Thompson & Joel McNeill.

Publisher/Co-Publisher(s): A publisher represents the composition. In some cases, there are multiple co-publishers involved, and all must grant permission for synchronization. If you do not get permission from all publishers and co-publishers you will not be able to use the song.

Master Recording: This is the actual sound recording of the composition, usually represented by the original record label. Just like in the above song “I Ain’t Done” it was performed by Andy Mineo but it could also be covered and performed by another artist and that would be cleared from whoever owns that recording. If you were looking to license the recording from Andy Mineo you would need to reach out to the publishers for the writers of the song (listed above) and the label who owns the recording of the song which in this case would be Reach Records. 

Media: The medium through which your project will reach potential consumers (e.g., Internet, Social Media, TV, Film Festivals). The wider the media, the higher the license fee.

Territory: The geographic area that your license will cover (e.g., Worldwide, Europe, North America). The requested media can influence the territory of the license.

Term: The duration for which you intend to use the composition and/or master recording (Examples could be 1 month, 3 months, 1 year etc). Longer terms usually come with higher license fees.

Per Side & MFN

When licensing a recording it is common to offer a license fee per side. Each side refers to the composition side and the master side. MFN stands for Most Favored Nations, which means all rights holders get the most favorable terms any party receives. If you are granting $100 to the composition side you would also grant another $100 for the master side. 

What does “based on 100%” mean?

It means the fee is based on 100% ownership of the composition and/or recording. If a publisher represents only a portion, they get a proportional share of the fee. If 2 writers own the publishing for a song and split it 50/50, you would account to each writer $50 for their share for a license fee of $100 per side MFN. 

Clearance: Obtaining authorization to use a composition and/or master recording from the respective publishers and/or record labels.