[ THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED]
A&R Manager Job Description
Department Description: The A&R Department operates as the primary source of record making and vision with the artists. The department as a whole is responsible for locating and signing new talent and continuing to make records for currently signed artists.
High Level Job Description: The A&R manager is expected to co-manage creative projects and help bring them to the finish line for completion. They are also responsible for assisting the VP of A&R in executing various creative and administrative duties.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ability to run studio sessions at the most efficient and effective level
- Collect, file, and deliver high quality tracks to all of the artist
- File management of tracks, songs, and hooks received from producers and writers
- Communicate effectively and timely with other Reach Records staff
- Act as a talent scout for the A&R Staff
- Hunt & collect hit songs and tracks for artists on the roster
- Create and deliver weekly and monthly beat reports with the highest quality of tracks from producers around the world
- Provide a weekly progress report of current projects
- Develop strong artists relationships quickly and consistently
- Help oversee the creative direction of assigned projects
- Communicate effectively with talent, producers, and songwriters
- Assist with necessary administration duties (split sheets, liner notes, artist/talent travel coordination)
Required Skills & Competencies
* Must have an extensive network within music industry creative community (i.e. songwriters, producers, managers, publishers, artists.)
*Must have experience in the music business, a deep knowledge of Hip Hop music and music trends.
Be very organized with use of email and file management.
Be a great communicator.
Have a working knowledge of Pro Tools (not essential).
To Apply: Click Here